27 November 2021 (Saturday) – 28 November 2021 (Sunday)
2:30pm – 4:30pm
H504, Hollywood (Taste Library)
One person: $420
+852 3481 3998
“The homemade rice wine brewed by my grandmother is the delicacy in my memory as a Hakka.”
── Nicole Wong
PMQ Taste Library Guest Chef
Rice wine making is a traditional skill of the Hakka people. The ancients believed that the autumn harvest was the season to produce good wines. From rice selection, soaking, steaming, cooling, sprinkling into the koji, fermentation, filtration, and sterilization, numerous steps are indispensable. In addition to the requirement of patience, it is more like a process of self-talk.
Rice wine has many uses. In addition to being good for health, the Hakka people also use it to entertain guests on festive occasions. The rice wine brewed in a short time has a sweet taste and is suitable for home-cooked dishes, while rice wine brewed for more than 3 months has a strong taste and can be consumed directly.
In the autumn, join us and learn to make rice wine and listen to stories with Nicole. She will also demonstrate rice wine chicken and creative brewing dishes. After class, take the semi-finished products you brewed to home and look forward to the flavor at that moment you open the lid.
[ Content of the Workshop ]
Understand Hakka rice wine and food culture; &
Learn basic knowledge and process of brewing rice wine; &
Make your own Hakka rice wine (about 1800ml); &
Learn to make creative homemade dishes with rice wine.
[ Event Details ] There are 2 workshops, each with 8 places:
Instructor｜Nicole Wong (PMQ Taste Library Guest Chef)
Date｜27 & 28 Nvember 2021 (Sat & Sun)
Time｜2:30pm – 4:30pm
Venue｜Taste Library, PMQ (H504, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central)
One person: $420 (original price: $470)
Two-person: $680 (original price: $940)
1. Online ticketing platform:
https://bit.ly/3qWtpPJ ; Or
2. Visit PMQ Taste Library to register and fulfill the payment (cash and credit card payments are accepted).
[ About the Instructor ]
PMQ Taste Library Guest Chef & Founder of Nicole’s Kitchen
Nicole is Malaysian-Chinese. She seemed like a regular stay-at-home mother of two, who also looked after her husband and parents-in-law.
In order to make the family eat well, Nicole had begun researching and making healthy foods when she couldn’t find additive-free condiments.. In 2011, she started to run an online business, Nicole’s Kitchen, selling home-made jam and sauce. After she attracted a steady stream of customers, Nicole gradually gained confidence and recovered from the postnatal depression.
Nicole enjoys cooking for family and preserving “homemade flavours” through her nostalgic jam and sauces.
[ Special Offer ]
1. Taste Library Annual members can enjoy a 20% off discount on workshop purchase (members please refer to the promotion code attached in e-newsletter).
2. Participants will be able to enter the Library area for free with the complimentary Day Pass.
3. Participants will be able to enjoy 10% off discount on Taste Library Seasonal and Annual membership purchase; and receive the exclusive discount code for Nicole’s Kitchen online shop.
For any enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com / 34813998.
[ Points to note ]
1. All images and information are for reference only.
2. Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.
3. Participants should bring their bags to carry the rice wine bottle back (about 19cm in height and 13cm in diameter) after the workshop
4. Participants must be aged 18 or above. There will not be alcoholic beverage sales at the event.
5. This class is not suitable for pregnant women or people who are sensitive to alcohol.
Terms and Conditions：
1. No refund on class/workshop fees paid will be made.
2. Limited seats, first come first served.
3. There may be photos/video taken during the course. Photos/videos taken/recorded may be used on social media or for publicity and documentation purposes. The ownership and intellectual property rights of such photos or videos shall belong to PMQ Taste Library.
4. Class/workshop’s enrolment cannot be exchanged for cash or other gifts.
5. The information provided by the applicant will be used for membership communications and promotion of PMQ Taste Library. In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right to request access to and correct personal data. If you want to inquire, browse or change your personal information, please contact the Taste Library.
6. Terms and Conditions apply. PMQ Management Ltd. has the absolute right to interpret these terms and conditions. In case of any disputes, the decision of PMQ Management Ltd. shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.