12 March 2020 (Thursday) – 2 May 2020 (Saturday)
* Extend to 30 May 2020 (Saturday) *
10:00am – 6:00pm (Tuesday – Saturday)
Closed on Monday, Sunday and Public Holidays
MMCA Art Bank Collection consists of 34 major art pieces in the collection of the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA), featuring the masterpieces of the Dansaekhwa (Korean monochrome painting) by the pioneers of the Korean modern art including KIM Tschang-yeul (金昌烈, 1929~), CHUNG Sanghwa (鄭相和, 1932~) and LEE Dong Youb (李東熀, 1946~2013), as well as a number of fine arts and the media arts of promising Korean artists.
The art pieces of this exhibition were selected by the Korean Cultural Center in Hong Kong (KCC), and the Department of Conservation and Art Bank at MMCA (the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea) arranged and consulted the selection for this special exhibition. After this exhibition, some of the pieces will be kept in KCC for a year and be displayed for special occasions.
Featured art works:
1. KIM Tschang-yeul, Recurrence, Oil on canvas, 72.8×60.6, 2003
2. CHUNG Sang-hwa, Untitled, Frottage on Korean paper, 90×72, 1980
3. LEE Dong-youb, Interspace, Acrylic on canvas, 160×260, 2002
4. NOH Sun-tag, Black Feather #CHL0701, Archival inkjet pigment print, 85×125(×4), 2017
5. SUH Yong-sun, Dokdo Island 2, Acrylic on canvas, 181.5×220.7, 2015